As one would expect, the injury hasn't deterred any of the top schools in the country from recruiting the four star talent.
North has seen Virginia Tech, Clemson, and North Carolina this week, and will be visited by Georgia wide receivers coach Tony Ball on Monday.
Despite the fact that North has been taking the process slow, he has been able to focus on a few schools that interest him the most in Ohio State, Clemson, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina State.
According to North, each school has made an impression in one way or another.
• North Carolina - "What I like about them is that they want to have like a dream team and keep the best players in state. I like that about them a lot. I like how they use a spread offense and they try to get in hurry up that will get them like 63 plays a game. That's what they want and maybe even more."
• Clemson - "I like Clemson a lot because I've been there numerous times. I'm comfortable with the coaching staff. I also feel like Clemson has one of the most explosive offenses right now."
• North Carolina State - "I don't know them like too well but I have been up there a couple of times. I just have to go back and learn more."
• Florida - "What I like about Florida is their past. I don't really know too much about them either. I'm just eager to get down there and learn about them also."
• Georgia - "With Georgia, they were the first school that started recruiting me back in the 10th grade, and I haven't been up there since so I want to get back up there and just see what they have to offer."
• Ohio State - "All I really know about Ohio State is Coach (Everett) Withers, he was at North Carolina, and he went there. He is recruiting me up there too, and Coach (Urban) Meyer is up there and he is a great coach."
North says that he is contacted on a regular basis by numerous schools, but a couple of coaching staffs in particular has reach out to him almost daily.
"A coach I hear from the most is probably Coach Ball from Georgia. I hear from him almost every day," said North. "Coach (Chad) Morris and Coach (Danny) Pearman from Clemson, I hear from them almost every day too. Coach (D.J.) Durkin, I hear from him like every day. I hear from Coach (Steve) Spurrier Jr. sometimes too."
Although North acknowledges that he is closest with Pearman from Clemson and Coach (Gunter) Brewer at North Carolina, and sees the Tarheels and Tigers as his top two schools at this point, he also knows that he needs to see more of other schools before he is able to start thinking about having a true leader.
"I plan on visiting them (NC State) real soon," he said. "I would have went up there this past weekend but I was busy, but I'm just going to try to get up there as soon as I can. I feel like getting down to Florida might be this summer. Like whenever we have a day off or a weekend or something because we are busy right now trying to get into this football and the seven-on-seven stuff. I know for sure I'm going back down there (Georgia). Me and my dad, I think we planned to go down sometime in May actually. I'll call and let Coach Ball know and let him know we are coming down. I don't think I'll make a decision like anytime soon actually because I haven't been anywhere. I like Clemson a lot, but that's only because I've been around there. I feel like if I go down to Georgia, and I like it, it might surpass Clemson. I don't know."
As uncertain as North is about some of his top schools at this point, he isn't much more sure about what he is looking for in a program and how he will come to a decision.
"I guess I'm looking for what fits me best and how my family feels about it," said North. "I don't know. I'm just going to see how comfortable I am with it and which schools I am familiar with, and that's when I will decide I guess."
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial